Krista Franklin is a writer and visual artist, the author Too Much Midnight (Haymarket Books, 2020), the artist book Under the Knife (Candor Arts, 2018), and the chapbook Study of Love & Black Body (Willow Books, 2012). She is a recipient of the Joan Mitchell Foundation Painters and Sculptors Grant, and a frequent contributor to the projects of fellow artists. Her visual art has exhibited at Poetry Foundation, Konsthall C, Rootwork Gallery, Museum of Contemporary Photography, Studio Museum in Harlem, Chicago Cultural Center, National Museum of Mexican Art, and the set of 20th Century Fox’s Empire. She has been published in Poetry, Black Camera, The Offing, Vinyl, and a number of anthologies and artist books.
– Headshot. Photo Credit: Reginald Eldridge, Jr.
– Cover of Too Much Midnight by Krista Franklin (Haymarket Books)
– Cover of Under the Knife by Krista Franklin (Candor Arts)
– Inside detail of Under the Knife by Krista Franklin (Candor Arts)
– “Axis: Bold as Love”, Krista Franklin, Mixed medium on watercolor paper, 2019
– “We Wear the Mask II”, Collage on handmade paper, 2014